I will admit that I have been stretched to new limits these past few weeks! Utter exhaustion... physically, mentally, and emotionally... worse even than bringing home a new baby after days of labor and having to get up to feed him every 2 hours while taking care of your toddlers!
But oh how the LORD has met me here!! It is an understatement to say that I have been completely overwhelmed by His grace!! We would not be leaving tomorrow had He not picked me up and carried me through the last 30 days! Each morning He would assure my anxious, overwhelmed, exhausted self that He is with me. Then He would proceed to lavishly pour out grace upon grace all day long. So that at the end of the day I felt still exhausted but also drenched with His grace...loved, cared for, provided for... and amazed at what got accomplished!
I have no words to adequately thank the many friends, family members, even virtual strangers that God brought along to support us on this journey. How beautiful and touching to see the Body of Christ at work like this! Through cards, meals, prayers, emails, selling, advertising, packing, cleaning, financial giving, addressing, stuffing, organizing, mentoring, baby-sitting, getting our oil changed... all done by others who came to our rescue with their servants' hearts. You got us to Africa!! We are forever indebted to you and leave the States with tears of sorrow but hearts full of sweet memories.
We will keep you posted... from the other side!! Hallelujah! He is so great! God has miraculously brought us to this point in our journey to spread His light throughout Africa! To Him be all Glory! :)
![]() |
| We rented a moving truck to drive all our 31 pieces of luggage to AIM headquarters in Georgia, where we spent 2 nights checking out. |
![]() |
| The kids enjoying their 5th Little Caesar meal of the week! :) |
![]() |
| We ate dinner at Shane's rib shack both nights here in Georgia! |
![]() |
| The kids have had a blast in their class here while we take care of last minute logistics at the mission base in Georgia. |




I love reading how the Lord has and is still working throughout this journey. Praying for safe travels! We are excited to see what God has planned for you in Kenya!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lindsey!!
DeleteYou all have been in my prayers since checking your blog last week. Thought you were going straight to Nairobi so you have been especially covered this week and I will keep it up as you prepare for this afternoon flight. I am in tears as I think of you all and how the Lord has brought you to this place. Praying He will watch over your going out and coming in and that the trip will be an adventure. Much love to all of you. Dixie
ReplyDeleteDixie! We were so blessed by your email and your prayers and encouragement! You are an inspiration and we are so blessed to have your support on this journey. Thank you! :)
Delete