LORD,
I do not think it's possible for us to have everything in order by July. The weeks and months are flying by. And daily responsibilities and relationships are still requiring my time and attention. I'm having trouble finding all the extra time needed to write support letters, thank yous, read the required books, design prayer cards, fill in forms, complete the required course work, etc...
As you can see, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Of course Christmas, traveling, and financial stresses are also in the mix right now.
LORD, calm my racing heart. I want You to relieve this pressure, this seemingly impossible deadline. To relieve the stress that I'm carrying.
But, I have a sneaking suspicion that's not Your plan. Michael's perspective further confirms that suspicion.
You know me...I like a plan. I like a time table. I like to be in control. I like to make things happen. I try to find my peace in being on top of things.
I think that instead of relieving it, you are asking me to live in this tension... to struggle through it. To press into You, to seek You daily as I prioritize what you would have me to do TODAY.. this hour... this moment. To realize and accept that I cannot make this happen by July. To leave room for Your glory, if this does all somehow come together by July. To find rest and peace in You amidst the unknown, amidst the undone.
Because I know Your Word, there are a few things I know with certainty that you want from me right now...
You want me to keep my eyes fixed on You, the author and perfecter of my faith. (Hebrews 12:2)
You want me to find rest and refuge in You, where I will not be shaken. (Psalm 62:5-6)
You want me to come to You with my concerns and trade in my anxiety for Your peace that transcends all understanding. (Philippians 4:6-7)
You want me to seek You above all and trust You to work everthing else out. You want me to stop worrying about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. (Matthew 6:33-34)
You want me to trust the plans that You have for our family and trust You to bring them to fruition in Your timing. (Jeremiah 29:11)
"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in You." (Isaiah 26:3)
Jesus, help me to trust You with all of my heart instead of leaning on my own understanding or perception. Help me to acknowledge You in all my ways and trust You to direct our path. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Hmmm. I'm not feeling so anxious anymore... :)
I'll keep plugging away, one day at a time. Just show me how to use the time that You have given me today... I'll be asking you again, tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment