"When we see the differences of others, we may well be seeing more of God. He cannot be contained in or explained from only one cultural perspective. Thus, culture shock may be a means whereby we see God more clearly in all His glorious diversity."
(taken from Cross-Cultural Connections by Duane Elmer)I read this quote in one of my required reading books on the plane ride here and it has been the perfect perspective for me as I try to take in this new culture we may be coming to live in.
I feel like my understanding of who God is is expanding as I am exposed to new aspects of His beauty in the different animal life, plant life, language, traditions, and people groups.
This morning, my Bible study teacher quoted during the lecture:
There are around 256 names for God in the Bible... He's infinitely beyond what one name can express.Thank You, LORD, for revealing more of yourself to me. Please help us all to see you more clearly in all Your glorious diversity.
No comments:
Post a Comment