Preparing for missions isn't just about raising support and taking missions classes. The greatest preparation is (or at least should be) taking place in our hearts. I used to have this preconceived notion that missionaries are more spiritual than most or that they have it all together. They certainly don't struggle with sin in their life!
Well, since being appointed as missionaries, we can now confidently assure you that none of that is true! And to prove it, I'm going to be a little vulnerable and put my sinful heart out there for you to see. Why? To encourage you that we are all struggling along this life journey together and hopefully to share in the victories that God WILL bring along our journeys. And, lastly, to keep this new missionary humble!
September 10, 2011
God doesn't care what color or font we use on our website. He doesn't care which family picture we post.
He cares about our hearts. About a deep, growing relationship with Him.
Confession time.
Which do you think has been occupying the majority of my thoughts and time lately?
...You guessed it.
My LORD, please forgive me for losing sight of what matters most to You.
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." (Psalm 51:10)
Father, You are the vine; I am a branch. If I remain in You, I will bear much fruit; apart from You, I can do nothing. (John 15:5)
Thank You for reminding me in Your Word,
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit -fruit that will last." (John 15:16)
LORD, I am unworthy of Your calling. I have nothing good to offer in and of myself, except that which You have given me. But, LORD, I am willing and eager. If You can...if You will, use me to accomplish Your purposes here on Earth that Your Holy Name may be glorified among all men.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment