Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Confessions of a Missionary -#2

Preparing for missions isn't just about raising support and taking missions classes. The greatest preparation is (or at least should be) taking place in our hearts. I used to have this preconceived notion that missionaries are more spiritual than most or that they have it all together. They certainly don't struggle with sin in their life!


Well, since being appointed as missionaries, we can now confidently assure you that none of that is true! And to prove it, I'm going to be a little vulnerable and put my sinful heart out there for you to see. Why? To encourage you that we are all struggling along this life journey together and hopefully to share in the victories that God WILL bring along our journeys. And, lastly, to keep this new missionary humble!

September 10, 2011

Finally. My very own blog. The opportunity I've been waiting for to share my ideas... my wisdom with the world. You lucky readers! Your lives will never be the same!

Barf.

Do you notice a recurring theme in that paragraph? Me... My... I... My...
It sounds as if I want this blog to be all about MY ideas and for MY glory.

Confession time.

LORD, you know better than anyone (myself included) that I feel this need to prove my worth to others. That I feed off of others' approval of me.

My great and jealous God. You will have no other gods in Your place. (Exodus 20:3). You will allow none to take from Your Glory.

Thank You for allowing me to see the sinful motivations of my heart.

"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what His deeds deserve." (Jeremiah 17:9-10)

Sweet Jesus, this blog is for YOU and for YOUR Glory.
This missions work in Africa is for YOU and for YOUR Glory.
This life is for YOU and for YOUR Glory.

[You] must become greater; I must become less." (John 3:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment