There is something really special about baptisms at RVA. Maybe it's the tight community at RVA that makes them so meaningful. Maybe it's the involvement of special friends and family in the ceremony. Or maybe it's hearing the testimonies of the students we have committed our lives to ministering to that touches our hearts.
The most recent baptism on June 29, 2013 topped them all. We had the privilege of witnessing and taking part in our firstborn son's public commitment to live His life for the LORD. Noah was the youngest one baptized that day, but that doesn't mean his testimony was the least. We were so proud of his boldness as he shared his testimony in front of 600 RVA "family" members.
![]() |
| Noah was the youngest one baptized that day. |
![]() |
| Noah boldly shared his testimony in front of 600 people. |
![]() |
| Noah wanted his family to stand up with him while he gave his testimony and was baptized. |
Noah’s Testimony
If I were not a Christian, I would probably get in more
trouble at school because I wouldn’t care about following the rules.
I would probably steal toys and candy – because I wouldn’t
care about obeying the 10 commandments.
I would probably be grumpy a lot – because I wouldn’t have
joy in my heart.
I probably wouldn’t think about serving people – because I
would only care about myself.
I would probably be afraid of dying- because I wouldn’t know
where I would go after I die.
Because I am a Christian, I know that Christ loves me and died on the cross to wash all
my sins away, so I am saved from going to Hell. I’m glad He showed me grace.
Because Jesus did this, I want to follow Him, obey Him, and worship Him. He
helps me to obey Him. He helps me to have joy. He helps me to love and serve
others. And I know I’m going to Heaven to be with Jesus forever after I die.
![]() |
| Grandpa read the verse Noah picked out. |
It was really special to have Grandpa Joe and Grandma Glo here in Africa to share this special day with Noah. He asked Grandpa Joe to read the verse he picked out about God's mercy:
We were by nature deserving of wrath. But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions- it is by grace you have been saved. Ephesians 2:3b-5
![]() |
| Michael shared about why we chose to name him "Noah" with the prayer that he would be a leader and follow God, even if no one else did. He asked Noah to publicly profess his faith in Christ. |
![]() |
| Noah's baptism represents the washing away of sin and new life through Jesus Christ. |
![]() |
Noah chose mommy to say a prayer for him after his baptism. She prayed:
Dear Jesus, I thank you for Noah, for the gift and blessing he is to our family. I praise you for his childlike faith, for his conviction that you are the Way, the Truth, and the Life...for his conviction at such a young age to live his life for You and for Your glory.
I praise you for his courage to stand up here today and proclaim to his family, friends, and community that You are His Savior, the LORD of his young life. Please help Noah to know and fulfill the purposes You have for His life. Please bless him. Use him to be a light to draw others into Your Kingdom. May he spend the rest of his days falling deeper in love with You.
Jesus, we love You so much and give You all the glory for the commitment Noah is making today. Amen."I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4









I couldn't help but have tears of joy in my eyes after reading this. Blessings to your family!
ReplyDelete